Website Terms & Conditions
Please read this Agreement carefully as it governs your use of the 1pm (UK) Ltd
website (the "Site"). By continuing to use the Site you are agreeing to the
terms that appear below.
These terms were last updated on 24th March 2014.
1. Provision of Service
The Site is owned and operated by 1pm (UK) Ltd.
2. Limited Rights to Use Content
- All material displayed on the Site ("Content") belongs to 1pm (UK) Ltd or its
licensors. Subject to clause 2b, you may retrieve and display the Content on a
computer screen, print individual pages on paper and store such pages in
electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected
to an external network) for your own personal, educational, non-commercial
- Most of the Content on the Site is owned by 1pm (UK) Ltd but certain Content is used
under licence from third parties ("Third Party Content") and will be marked with
the copyright notice of those third parties. Some of the Third Party Content
will be subject to additional restrictions - the relevant copyright notice will
make it clear where that is the case. You must comply with such restrictions.
- You may not (without prior written permission from 1pm (UK) Ltd):
- redistribute any of the Content or supply it to other people (including by using
it as part of any library, archive or similar service);
- remove the copyright or trade mark notice from any copies of Content made under
- create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically
downloading and storing all or any of the Content;
- except as expressly set out above, modify, reproduce or in any way commercially
exploit any of the Content.
- 1pm (UK) Ltd allows you to submit material to the certain areas of the Site
(including ‘Submissions'). 1pm (UK) Ltd reserves the right to delete, move and edit
any material submitted. You are solely responsible for the material you submit
to the Site and by submitting any material you agree that you will not submit
any material that:
- advertises or promotes any goods or services;
- reveals any confidential or sensitive information;
- contains or links to any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, indecent or
otherwise illegal material;
- contains any material which you do not have permission to use (including
material which may be protected by copyright, trade marks, database right or any
other form of intellectual property right);
- contains viruses or any other components with harmful or contaminating
properties which may affect the Site or any equipment connected to it; or
- disguises your identity or impersonates any person.
- By submitting material to the Site, you grant 1pm (UK) Ltd a perpetual royalty free,
non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available,
distribute and sub-licence any material you submit in whole or in part or in any
form. You agree that you waive any moral rights you have in the material.
- The Site contains material submitted by users over whom 1pm (UK) Ltd has no control.
1pm (UK) Ltd cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such
material. Some Users may breach these terms and post material that is
misleading, untrue or offensive – you must bear all risk associated with your
viewing of such material.
- Copyright in any software that is made available for download for the
participation in the Site ("Software") belongs to 1pm (UK) Ltd or its suppliers. Your
use of the Software is governed by the terms of any licence agreement that may
accompany or be included with the Software. Certain promotions and areas on the
clearly by hyperlink – you must comply with all such terms.
4. Limited Warranties
- 1pm (UK) Ltd will use its reasonable skill and care in making the Site available to
you and in ensuring its continuing availability. However, because of the number
of sources from which 1pm (UK) Ltd obtains the Content and because of the nature of
the Internet 1pm (UK) Ltd does not give you any other warranties. In particular, you
should not take the accuracy or availability of the information for granted and
1pm (UK) Ltd makes no warranty that the Site is free from infection by viruses or
anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties.
5. Limitation of Liability
- In respect of the Content which is available free on the Site, 1pm (UK) Ltd will use
its reasonable endeavours to resolve faults but because the service is free you
agree that 1pm (UK) Ltd will not be liable for any losses you may incur as a result
of your use or non-use of that Content.
- Except where we have expressly agreed otherwise, neither you nor 1pm (UK) Ltd will be
responsible for any losses that the other suffers as a result of a breach of
this Agreement except those losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the
breach. Neither party will be responsible for indirect losses which happen as a
side-effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by 1pm (UK) Ltd
and you (such as loss of profits or loss of data).
- 1pm (UK) Ltd's liability will not be limited in the case of death or personal injury
directly caused by 1pm (UK) Ltd's negligence.
- The information that you provide about yourself to 1pm (UK) Ltd will only be used by
- 1pm (UK) Ltd is continually seeking to improve the Site and services offered. 1pm (UK) Ltd
reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of the Site.
- 1pm (UK) Ltd may change or add to this Agreement as a result of its policy of
updating and improving the Site or for security, legal or regulatory reasons.
- The Site contains links to other web sites and resources, either directly or
through frames and, where possible, 1pm (UK) Ltd will make clear where such links are
being made. Independent third parties provide these sites and 1pm (UK) Ltd is not
responsible and shall not be liable for the availability or content of these
- In respect of the free parts of the Site, there is no specific time limit
applying to your access and use. However, 1pm (UK) Ltd reserves the right to suspend
or terminate your access and use of the free parts of the Site at any time. It
may exercise the right with or without notice.
- You may not assign, sub-licence or otherwise transfer this Agreement or your
rights of access to the Site.
- Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under this Agreement
does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- A person who is not party to this Agreement shall have no right under the
Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of its terms.
- English law will apply to this Agreement and both you and 1pm (UK) Ltd agree to
submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.